Thursday, March 5, 2015


My newest creation attempt!


It has been ridiculously long since I posted anything.  Life gets busy.....I get lazy...you know.

I have always liked the idea of making jewelry.  I haven't really attempted any, although I do keep buying pieces to work with.

My newest tools!  They are, yes, I have to say, darn cute!  The purple adjustable is actually a regular sized tool.


Wow - the photo makes it look like I have a marble work surface?!  I wish!  It's a cardboard table lined with wax paper.  But if you want to see it as marble, that's fine by me!

I saw a post, or picture, or pinterest on resin jewelry.  After about a week of googling, I was ready!  I bought EnvironTex Jewelry resin, a shape punch and an Arizona Green Tea can.  Here's my craft area, gathering all possible items.  Which weren't all possible items, I needed gloves, toothpicks, my molds, wax paper, tape, Q-tips, cotton swabs and project covers.  I also had to drink the tea.


Do you see the big silver thing in the back.  That's my KNK Zing that lives on the table.  It had to take a back seat today.  Sorry Zing, I still love you!

In here it shows the heart shape I punched (bottom right corner, ridiculously small to see), the can I punched it from, my awesome super titanium cut anything scissors my new E6000 (love this stuff) and my almost gone squished up E6000 along with various other things I may or may not use.  Again, sorry Zing.  Next time.  The really weird head shaped thing is not a zombie head, it was my son's attempt at a monkey in 7th grade art class.  I used it to hold down the metal pieces I had glued back to back.  His hat is around here somewhere....

I measured and mixed and poured and now....the worst part.  The 24 hour wait.  UGH!



Wish me luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment