Tuesday, November 5, 2013

With the fast approaching holiday season, I spent some time yesterday doing what I love to do:  Googling and Pinteresting!

My goal?  Find something fun and easy to do with my Grandson!

I found.....butter.

Yes, butter.

I know, I know, butter is not the healthiest food to make.  But it's fun.  After all my googling, I'm pretty sure I am the only person on the planet that has not made this.  Until last night.

  I apologize for the lack of photography, I just didn't think of it at the time.

The How

Half pint of heavy cream
Some form of beating the cream (I used my immersion blender with it's blender-like attachment)
Salt
About 10 minutes-ish

Beat the crap out of the cream until it moves from the whipped cream stage to the butter stage.  Drain off the buttermilk.  Squeeze out the juices.  Rinse with water to remove all traces of buttermilk.  Mix in salt, or perhaps herbs for an extra treat.  Squeeze out the juices.  Place in a covered container, or into cute little molds.

I intend to experiment with the herbed butter for Thanksgiving.  I'll let you know how it goes.  

Here's the best page I found, and she used photos!!


Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment